Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Showroom Bound...



I've been Showroom bound with loads of New Inventory... including this Antique Trunk that has been hand painted with a Golfing Scene.  Usually I Source Smalls since my Showroom isn't that large, but it's the bigger pieces that can command the better prices to boost that bottom line.




I had recently Sourced some Vintage Golfing items and they all Sold quickly, so perhaps this will fly out the doors too?  I certainly Hope so since it's a larger piece and will take up a fair amount of Showroom Real Estate.  That's the quandary with small Retail Space... what best to fill it with?




But I couldn't resist picking up this piece since I know it's one of those crossover pieces that appeals to a wider audience of Customer or the Consummate Collector.  I've always done well with Mantiques and anything Sports or Militaria related, you almost can't go wrong with those genres of merchandise.




The Smalls will probably always be my bread and butter, but I do like to carry some larger or higher end and Statement pieces as well.   I'd rather carry all Killer merchandise actually, but, one must appeal to whatever the demographic demands and supply it.




If I went Purist in my Aesthetic for the Showroom I probably would have had to close it up years ago... but after over five years... I'm still there... so I must be doing something right!?  *Winks*

*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

2 comments:

  1. That's actually a very cool piece Dawn. I bet someone snatches it up for Dad's Day. It doesn't hurt to mix it up once in a while. I had almost 800 sq.feet, and was constantly moving themes around. Grins, and have great luck with the next month sales. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wanted it in the Showroom in time for Father's Day, thinking, like you have, that it would make a good gift for Dad, especially one who enjoys Golf. And it's a nice enough Antique Storage Chest that most Women might not mind it being in the house either. Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl